– Spaniards are the most enthusiastic radio listeners in Europe.
– The Spaniards have a completely different life rythmn from other Europeans. They typically have lunch between 1 and 3 pm, dinner around 10 pm, and rarely sleep before the early hours of the night. Prime time TV in Spain starts at 10 pm and lasts until 1 am. Likewise the peak for radio listening in the morning is around 10 am.
– Spanish-speaking cultures have been very propitious for the development of new dance styles, such as Flamenco (inspired by Andalusian, Islamic, Sephardic, and Gypsy cultures), Merengue (Hispano-African), Salsa, Mambo and Cha-cha-cha (African and Cuban), Rumba (African, Amerindian and Spanish), etc.
– Spain has 4,964 km of coastline:)
– Cost of life in Spain is not very expensive. You can eat, move across the country or book a hotel at a reasonable price. There are differences around the country, but it’s generally cheaper than other European countries as UK or France.
– When a man meets a girl in Spain, it’s usual either to extend the hand or to exchange a pair of kisses, even in a business meetings too. The Spanish culture says that the man must offer two kisses (just two, only one is considered familiar and more than two, excessive).
Sources: www.meetyouinvalencia.com; popculturepassport.blogspot.com/; www.eupedia.com/spain/trivia.shtml.